This week may have been the best week ever here at the CCM!!
On Saturday,
my companions and I went proselyting for the FIRST time ever!! It was
wonderful! I think we ended up getting the safest area out of anyone,
because our area had the church chapel, AND the Argentina mission home.
While proselyting we ran into two REAL elders out in the streets who
have been on their missions for a long while. One of them is from
Hillsboro Oregon! His companion is Elder Cline I think. We talked to
sooo many nice people out in the streets, we ended up with 24 contacts,
which was a lot! This week I hope we can do even better. It was amazing
to have a small taste of what being out in the field will be like. We
talked to this security guard for about fifteen whole minutes!!
This
week we got to go to the temple yesterday instead of P-day (I´ll tell
you why later). It was the best temple session for me so far!! My Spanish has come so far and I was totally alert the whole time while a
lot of the other missionaries started nodding off a bit. It was so
spiritual that I kept tearing up!
After coming
back from the temple, we had teaching practice. One of the Latina
Hermanas was alone because her companions had to go do visa paperwork.
So one of the teachers came up to me and asked if I could be her
substitute companion! It was an amazing experience! We taught a north American companionship from the arrival group two weeks before us.
Teaching with the Latina Hermana (Hermana Rodriguez--a different one
than my previous roommate) felt like a primary kid and he the teacher
trying to teach someone about the gospel! My abilities with the language
are so simple, and hers were powerful. But it was amazing. A few times I
actually had to translate what Rodriguez was saying because the people
we were teaching weren´t always sure they understood.
So now, here´s the REAL exciting part-- This morning I met......wait for it...... ELDER NELSON!!!!
That´s
right--from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles!! He was speaking a a
mission conference about an hour away from here and the CCM got to be
invited!! All 307 of the missionaries at the conference took their turn
shaking his hand. It felt like graduation again! You know how some
superheroes have laser vision? When I approached Elder Nelson, I was
struck by his Spirit vision. I was filled with the Spirit just by
approaching him. It surrounds him like a cloak. I stared at him sort of
dumbfounded and mumbled out a "...Good Morning" with a huge, dorky smile
on my face. I´ve shaken hands with TWO apostles now! My hand is now an
illuminated object!
While his wife spoke to us,
she gave us a challenge that I have accepted and I, in turn, challenge
all of you who read this. It´s a 30 day challenge of personal
revelation. Every day you come up with a question that you want to have
answered that day--it can be about anything! She used finances as an
example. You pray to God with true sincerity that you can have the
Spirit guide you as you study the scriptures, and then you ask your
question. Following that, you open randomly in the scriptures and study
until you find your answer. She promised that it wouldn´t take long.
On a piece of paper, keep track of the date, question, the answer, and
where you find the answer each day. Why keep track? Because when you go
back to read the same scripture that answered your question one day, it
might not make as much sense to you another day. She said that "the
scripture angels" like to move stuff around, haha. :)
While
Sister Nelson was speaking to us, her translator fainted!! It was a
super scary moment! She ended up being a-okay, she is pregnant and she
had been standing up translating in a hot room for about an hour. It
was the sweetest thing in the world to see Elder Nelson sit by her and
comfort her. I fought tears fiercely.
When
Elder Nelson spoke to us, it was so inspiring. I´m honored to be one of
the over 80,000 missionaries serving the Lord. Before we came to this
Earth, we all made goals about what we would do here. I´m sure that mine
included serving a mission here. I hope I meet all my goals I made and
that I talk to everyone that I promised I would bring the gospel to in
the pre-existence!
Before Elder Nelson exited, he waved
goodbye to all of us a blew a kiss. I was overcome with a wall of the
Spirit as a waved goodbye back. That man has to be careful how
forcefully he wields the Spirit. It was brutal!!
Haha, all in good fun. :)
Anyway,
once again, I love it here at the CCM! I love it more and more as I get
to know the people here and progress in my understanding of the
language. I love hearing from all of you back home, and I hope so very
much that my silly e-mails can somehow inspire you in some small manner.
I love you always!
Love,
Hermana Autery
| Paige at the CCM (MTC in English) |
| Their district leader and his companion holding all the Sisters items. |
| Out on the streets of Argentina. |
No comments:
Post a Comment