November 20, 2014
It´s that day of the week again!!!!
It´s that day of the week again!!!!
It´s been another fabulous week here at the CCM, on Saturday
we had a true miracle while we were proselyting--after we ate lunch in
some shade, we started our efforts for the day and the first person we
came in contact with actually jumped off his bike, as he was passing us,
because he wanted to talk to us! He was describing something to us that I
didn´t completely understand, but I think he was saying that he had
been to our church before and he wanted to be able to feel that same
feeling again that he had while he was there. So we gave him a Book of
Mormon, and then he even offered to pay for it!! Haha, that´s how much
he wanted it. It was a great start to our second day of proselyting, we
ended up handing out 3 Book(s) of Mormon(s) that day, and I invited
somebody to baptism! I thought that was a pretty normal thing, since we
all made goals to make at least one invitation to baptism but when
Hermana Cooper told everyone about it on the bus, the whole bus yelled
in unison--"AUTERY??"
Side note-- I love being
called Autery, haha. It sounds pretty close to Audrey, so it still
sounds like a girl´s name. One time my companion accidentally called be
by my first name and it felt SO weird. I´ll have to get used to it
again when I head back home.
Any way... so you´re not going to believe this! The Sunday
after Elder Nelson´s mission conference, he and Elder Christofferson
(who was in Chile) stayed in the hotel right next to the temple (which
is right next to us). We were told that sometimes the apostles will stop
by briefly to talk with us if their schedule allows. So during a period
of free time, I spent a Whole hour sitting on the top bunk staring out
the window to see if they would come out. The window of time closed, but
I was determined to at least see them leave. Unfortantely I didn´t.
In
relief society I taught a 15 minute lesson on knowledge, which went
pretty well for me, I think. I was nervous, but I felt the spirit
really strongly so I felt oddly comforted even though my hands were
shaking. The next lesson was on patience, which really fit because
later that night my patience was rewarded because Elder Christoffersen
came to our little CCM to talk to us for 15 minutes before he left!!
Apparently the apostles never fly on the same planes together in case
there is a crash. We need to make sure we always have those priesthood
keys ;)
I didn´t get to shake his hand though, which might be a
good thing for my hand--I don´t think it would have been able too
handle being around so much righteousness so often, I mean, Two apostles
in one week? Unheard of :)
On Tuesday,
the Americans transferred out of the CCM. It was so sad!! We got so
close over the four weeks we were with them. But I know they´ll be
great missionaries. I wrote the ones in our room letters and we woke up
at three in the morning just to hug them goodbye. Our room has been
lonely without them. Our room has just my companionship in it for
two days. It´s actually kind of nice though, there´s lots of space.
It´s the calm before the storm--today is a transfer and were going to
have a completely full room!
Between transfers,
there were only 30 missionaries here, so Hermana Willis (President´s
wife)made us all no-bake cookies!! They were delicious! Madison loves
making those. The other day we had mashed potatoes and meat with gravy
on it!
It could have been a meal straight from my home! I thought mashed
potatoes were sorta boring back home but when I had them here again it
was like they were the best food in the world! Just because they
reminded me of home ;)
I saw on the list that
we´re getting an Elder from the Monmouth stake!! A fellow Oregonian!
Hardly anyone likes it when it rains here, but I absolutely live for
it. The mosquitoes are coming out here--I feel like they seek me out
personally. I get bit ALL the time.
So I hope that´s everything I wanted to say.... But there´s always something I forget.
I love reading letters! I print them out and read them all week! it´s a real treat.
Over and Out from Argentina!
Stay strong!
--Hermana Autery
I received a great birthday gift to end my birthday day. I was typing Paige her weekly email when I received an email from Paige asking If I was up! We got to chat via email back and forth for awhile. She got up early, in hopes to catch me online, to wish me a Happy Birthday.:) Heres just a few questions I asked her.
Me:
Can you believe that you have been out a whole month?? Last night at book club I said Oh last month at this time Paige was getting set apart.
Paige:
I know, it´s crazy, right?? haha :)
Me:
It looks so pretty there from looking at the mission training picture. So green. Is it still pretty hot? We've dropped down in temp. It gets pretty cold at night
Paige:
| Outside the missionary training center. |
| Paige and her companions pretending to be their North American roommates. |
| Paige and her district minus 2 other elders. |
| Paige with one of her companions. |
| A 20 lane highway. |
| Meeting people on the streets of Argentina. |
![]() | |||
| Paige made this bday present for me before she left and I was surprised with it yesterday. |
I received a great birthday gift to end my birthday day. I was typing Paige her weekly email when I received an email from Paige asking If I was up! We got to chat via email back and forth for awhile. She got up early, in hopes to catch me online, to wish me a Happy Birthday.:) Heres just a few questions I asked her.
Me:
Can you believe that you have been out a whole month?? Last night at book club I said Oh last month at this time Paige was getting set apart.
Paige:
I know, it´s crazy, right?? haha :)
Me:
It looks so pretty there from looking at the mission training picture. So green. Is it still pretty hot? We've dropped down in temp. It gets pretty cold at night
Paige:
Yeah it´s been 80 degrees here on average! Plus it´s ridiculously humid.
By the way, did I say I got your letter on Tuesday? First letter from home! The envelope looked like it had been through a lot :P
Me:
I love my present!!
Paige:
I´m so glad!! It took so long to stain! And then we had to hide it.... haha :) I don´t know how Madi managed it.
Me:
She hid it in her closet, and some how kept me from going into the closet this whole time we've been working on the rooms. haha
Paige:
Well, i´m impressed :) tell her I said good job!!
Paige:
We have a Hermana Petty here and she´s from Nebraska! People tease her
and call her cornhusker.:) Also, the Utah people stared talking about the
Purple Turtle!(I grew up telling her about the Purple Turtle, and we actually were able to take Paige and her sisters there on one of our trips to Utah. Also anyone that comes from Nebraska is called a corn-husker. My brother Steven had the nickname Husker once we moved from Nebraska to Oregon.)

No comments:
Post a Comment