June 15th 2015
Here comes Winter!
Dear Family and Friends,
So winter is definitely coming on here!
It`s been around 27 degrees Celsius with humidity, as always, and here
in Juan Lacaze we live right next to the river! But I love it so much
because it`s way better than the heat of Summer. Something funny that I
never knew before is that when you enter a house with a fireplace you
have to take off all your jackets otherwise you catch a cold when you go
back outside. Fortunately everyone warned us about that before we
learned from experience! (The elders in the branch weren`t as
fortunate...)
This week we did divisions with
the sister training leaders, Hermana Leon and Hermana Nasimiento. I
worked with Hermana Leon again, like I did when we were in Fray Bentos.
It was a really great experience to work with someone who i`ve worked
with in the past, because it really helped me realize that I`ve grown
and improved in this short time. We met a woman in the street who is
really kind and easy to talk to, the funny thing is that I thought she
said her name was Beatriz, and she thought that I said MY name was
Beatriz, so it was confusing to communicate with her the first few days
until we figured out that her name is Carmen. But she is a really
amazing woman with strong faith in God and she really wants her 15 year
old daughter to have good values so that she doesn`t make the same
mistakes that she made at her age. I really feel that she`s been
prepared by the Lord to be able to receive the message of the gospel!
My
companion Hermana Guzmàn hurt her foot the other day, so we haven`t
been able to leave as much or walk very fast, which is sad, but she`s
getting better!
Once a week here we have an
English class at the church, and this week I taught everyone to sing "I
am a child of God." By the end they all sang so well I told them it was
like listening to Primary in the United States! It was really sweet, and
even if they don`t understand the language very well, it really touched
me. The Spirit truly testified that God has a plan for us! And He has
prepared the way to lead and guide us through our lives.
I
love you all so much! Thanks for all the letters that got sent to me! I
love reading them! Thanks for all the emails! Enjoy the summer sun back
home!
Love, Hermana Autery
 |
| Hermana Guzmàn, me, Hermana Nasimiento, and Hermana Leon! We had divisions this week! These are our beds, haha :) |
 |
| haha, I spend quite a bit of time waiting for Hermana Guzmàn to get ready.... |
 |
| This is a structure called "Las Manos" or The Hands. It has a special
story I`m sure, but I`m not sure what it is, haha :) I`ll find out... |
 |
| Us with the elders who work with us in Juan Lacaze! Elder Chavez from Peru and Elder Grider from Florida |
 |
| Hermana Guzmàn on bed rest and me getting bored..... |
 |
| My companion braiding my hair. |
 |
| One of the members had a small horse thing, go hermana Guzmàn! |
 |
| The church. (A house) |
 |
| This is the side of the church that normally nobody enters, but it`s where the church plaque is for some reason, haha. |
No comments:
Post a Comment