Thursday, June 18, 2015

Week 32

                                                                                                                             June 8th, 2015

No somos todos mendigos?

 BUENOS DÎAS!


This week was really amazing, we taught Hermano Julio, who was recently baptized about the priesthood, and this Sunday he was conferred to the Aaronic priesthood and passed the sacrament for the first time! I think he was a little nervous, but he did great! It really touches my heart to see him progress.

One of the branch activities we have here to bring more people is a weekly English class, and this week I was in charge! It was really neat, a few people came and I taught them how to pray in English. At the end, Hermano Julio even said the closing prayer in English! It was so sweet.

We also had a really amazing experience the other day. We went to go visit a less active woman, Maria Jose, and she wasn`t doing too well. She said that the Lord must have led us to her because she really needed a blessing. We called the elders, who happened to be nearby, and the gave her a blessing for the sick. We went to go visit her the next day, and she was doing a lot better! We taught her about the gathering of the house of Israel, and she got really excited to help us with the Work! It`s really a true--if you truly understand the Gathering of Israel, you`ll have the desires to be the Lord`s hands in His work of gathering his people!

A funny side note, my Hermana Guzmàn talks to me in her sleep in the middle of the night... the other day she told me to go kill a cricket. She`s super funny!

I`ve been reading the words of King Benjamin in my studies as of late and I was really touched by the scripture Mosiah 4:19. No matter how well someone is off financially, we`re all beggars. At some point or another we`ve all had the need to get down on our knees and beg for divine help. And if we`re all beggars, why would we keep what we have to ourselves when there are others who are worse off? The best thing that we have to offer is the warmth, comfort and hope of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So what are you waiting for?

I love you all! Thank you so much for the prayers and support and good news. I`m sending prayers your way!

Love, 
Hermana Autery
A beautiful sunset here in Juan Lacaze.

Elder Grider made a drawing of me and my companion speaking bien Uruguayan.

Family home evening in the house of our mom here, Hermana Teresa! She`s the member we live with, (next to) Hermana Teresa is in the pink, next to the elders. the woman in front was recently baptized a few weeks before I got here.Juan Lacaze is great!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment