Sunday, July 12, 2015

Week 35

June 30th, 2015

A really special week of not-transfering!

 

Dear Family and Friends,
It funny how little things can turn a good week into an amazing week! I have big news, but I`ll tell you later in this letter....!

First of, this is transfer week, and as it turns out, I`m going...to stay with Hermana Guzmàn for the end of her mission! She goes home before the end of the transfer cycle, so I`m going to work with a substitute the last two weeks, so that will be a good experience! I`m going to meet her today because my companion is going to Montevideo tomorrow to say goodbye with all the missionaries who go home this week.

This week was amazing because we had a really special lesson with a son of an older couple in the branch. We invited him to be baptized in the first lesson and he said he would be willing! At the end of the lesson we all got down on our knees and he said his first prayer ever with us, asking God to show him the path he should take in his life.

And now, some big news!!! This week I got news from Dayana Santos, from my first area in the mission, that this week Alfredo baptized one of the investigadors in their ward! Dayana also told me that in August they`re going to go to the temple to be baptized for their mom, who died a few months before Hermana Urbina and I were lead to them. It`s going to be such a special experience for them! Dayana asked me if I could come, so I asked the mission president. I hope that I can go! It touches my heart so much to see how much the Lord has blessed their lives. It was really sweet, she told me to mark down the date in my agenda. She must be working with missionaries a lot, because as missionaries we sometimes forget things that haven`t been marked down in the agenda, haha.

This week I read something in my studies that I really loved. Mosiah 21:6-- Sometimes we have personal desires that don`t match up with what the Lord wants for us, and so we complain and eventually give in to our desires. Later, we suffer the consequences of our desiciones (Mosiah 21: 8, 11, 12) until we are so humbled that we realize that we should have trusted in the Lord. (Mosiah 21: 13-16). Don`t wait until the consequences to trust in the Lord! Follow his counsels for you! He is always there, to love and protect you and show you the way!

Hermana Autery
*I left her Spanish words in this email because I thought it was cute.

Eating mondongo (cow intestines) yum!

P day!

P day!


Supporting Bolivia!


Eating pig blood with bread! yum!

Welcome to Juan Lacaze!

I made Hermana Olson`s two flavor cake! (Marmolada) it was pretty good.

Ping pong with the branch!

I also invented some coconut cookies because my companion says that she loves them in her country!

P-day in Rosario with the district!


Creepy abondoned warehouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment