¡Juan Lacaze està explotando!
Buenas Tardes,
This week was quite the week! My
companion and I have been having a lot of learning experiences together,
among them being that our house flooded, we had an ant infestation, and
it was storming most of the week, so we weren`t received by a lot of
people, but it was a great week! (** I love the positivity.)
There aren`t a
lot of people here in Juan Lacaze, so we`re always looking for new
people to teach and this week we went to the elder`s area for the first
time to meet with one of their investigators who is a teenage girl. We
taught her and her brother who came to join us. We invited them to be
baptized this September and they accepted! Hopefully we see progress
there! We`re also working with some new families we`ve found here.
This Saturday
I went to Colonia to be a guide for an open house we had for the chapel
in Colonia while my companion went to the temple in Montevideo. It was a
neat experience! I had never been to an open house before in a church!
This
week we had a really great experience with a recent convert, Marìa
Inès. She was really upset and she hadn`t eaten in two days or slept for
four days. She had a really hard decision to make and wanted to go away
to Buenos Aires with her sister to avoid a problem here. We asked her
if she would like a priesthood blessing and she accepted, so we called
the elders and they came to give her a blessing. On Sunday
she told me she was doing so much better! She said that after getting a
blessing she could eat again and that she`s slept really well since
then, and that she`s going to stay here in Juan Lacaze.
I
know that the priesthood has been restored to bless families and
Christ`s followers! And that according to our faith, Heavenly Father
works miracles. Never tire of doing good things, no matter how hard it
can be! D&C 64:33
I love you all!
Hermana Autery
Paige: Does a recipe for peanut butter exist? I bought some peanuts! how are you doing? I love you!
Me: I love you too!!! Ill look up a recipe for you! (They dont sell peanut butter in Uruguay, we've had to send her peanut butter. Haha)
Paige:
I met a Hermana Porter here who said she talked with
Becky Kiser on the plane to Uruguay and she told her to find me! She
just got here from the MTC this week and I saw her at the open house! It
was fun!
Me: Oh Wow! I will have to tell Beccy! Did you hear that Sarah Simpson got called to Tokyo, Japan?
Paige: That`s so cool! I haven`t written her for a long time!
| Me and my companion by the river. |
| Open house in Colonia. |
| (Hugging the church because I love Juan Lacaze with all my heart!) |
No comments:
Post a Comment